Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Back to the drawing board! ( lll )





So these are the cleaned up looks for these initial characters, with our DETECTIVE and his love interest high on top of the list. I think this is going to be the working (stress on working) aesthetic for the characters in this series. As I said before a disheveled, lumbering, brutish looking detective adds some flavor to what I had originally planned and I'm going to keep pushing the envelope and see what some more silhouettes and shapes test might churn out in time for all his arch nemeses. if you've never heard the infamous "My Funny Valentine" song covered by so many great musical talents, you should. when I create for this series that's all I listen to, look it up and see if you get the idea. stay tuned for the updates. Comment 'n check 'em out.

3 comments:

Darnell said...

These are sweet dude. love the shapes u were able to pull together. lookin good man!

Olumuyiwa Ajagbe said...

Nice work, Brian. I like the designs. And your line weights definitely are improving. Keep it UP!

BjL said...

Thanks a bunch guys I really appreciate the feedback and the input. I hope everyone's trying to get and stay inspired.